“Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.”
This summer I made a choice. I followed the advice given to me by a friend many summers before. This time, God gave me ears to hear her advice.
My choice was to quit missing my life.
Every summer I watch my kids swim from the side of the pool. I let my husband jump in and have all the fun. I got tired of being the lonely mom on the sidelines. I wanted to enjoy summertime life with my family. So, I dove in figuratively and literally.
I stopped listening to all those voices that said I couldn’t wear a swimsuit and enjoy my life with my family. Instead, I kept my eyes on the Lord and stepped out of the boat and onto the water. This is what I learned:
- My family missed me. They were happy to have me playing and laughing and enjoying life with them.
- There were others at the pool who were enjoying their life too. Others who struggled with their weight just like me and some who didn’t. Nobody cared about anything but enjoying life.
- The first time I went swimming, I left my suit in my bag. I didn’t go swimming at all.
- The second time I went, I wore it and swam. So, try again if you lose your nerve.
- The third time I went swimming I went back and bought two more suits!
- I had the best summer enjoying my life.
- Freedom feels so much better than captivity.
If you are holding back on your life, my friend. Stop today. Enjoy your life. Live it. Come out of captivity and into the light.
Don’t miss out on your life.